Monday, May 4, 2015

I call myself a Jesus Crazy Teenager, BUT am I really living it?

When  I asked this question, I'm not questioning my passion for Jesus. I'm asking myself if I'm really living for Him. Normally I'd answer YES ABSOLUTELY! But am I? Or am I getting caught up in my own life? Am I sitting around wondering why I'm not as popular as my other friends instead of worrying about the girl sitting beside me who so desperately needs love? Am I trying to fit in instead of worrying about the souls that need saved? Am I sitting here judging him when I can tell that he so urgently needs God? Am I the one cracking a joke to get a few moments of laughter and security when I just cost the person I just laughed at their own security?! I AM!
 
Where has that fire gone? The love for the lost? I know that I am not the only one struggling with this. I love God, but I am not enough. I cannot do this alone. I say I am on a walk with God, but how can I walk with someone that I've already walked away from? It is a daily struggle for me to try and be like Christ. Sometimes I pretend I don't worry what others think, but ITS ALWAYS THERE IN THE BACK OF MY MIND. The devil pushes my insecurities in my face when I'm down. After I've done something wrong I can just hear a voice say, "Looks like you've messed up, AGAIN." But you know what? We have to shove that voice down! God knows we are not enough. I believe that when God called himself "I AM" He was saying, I AM enough. I AM ENOUGH. God isn't insecure and He's there to help us.
 
I am the light of the world......John 8:12
 
I am the resurrection and the life......John 11:25
 
I am the way, the truth, and the life.....John 14:6
 
God is there to use us. To fill us up full of light. Light that we need to share with the world. Life that we need to help give to the broken. Resurrection to those dead in Christ. And finally a way to Christ.
 
SO from now on I'm going to try to be "JESUS CRAZY" but with a whole new meaning of being Christ-like and filled up with Christ. 
 
 
 JesusCrazy(Hopefully Christlike)Teenager

No comments:

Post a Comment